The Phi Kappa Theta Distinguished Service Award, or D.S.A., is the highest honor that can be bestowed to a brother. The DSA is voted on by the Fraternity’s Board of Trustees and given to a brother who has demonstrated outstanding service and leadership for the betterment of Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity.
Michael T. McSweeney
School: Northern Illinois University
Chapter: Illinois Psi
About Brother McSweeney
Brother Michael T. McSweeney (Northern Illinois University, ’61) served as Fraternity president from 1997-1999. He also served on the Fraternity’s Board of Trustees and Foundation.
Michael was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, an avid motor home enthusiast, and a loving husband, brother, father and grandfather.
- 2015: Michael T. McSweeney (NIU, '61)
- 2010: Stephen J. Hollander (Kansas State, '82)
- 2003: James F. Dickow (Purdue University, '65)
- 1997: Edward R. Solvibile (Temple University, '63)
- 1993: Gregory E. Stein (CCNY, '70)
- 1992: Anthony R. Zinnante (University of Houston, '62)
- 1991: Leo Patrick Hays (Oklahoma State University, '53)
- 1989: Michael A. Duplantier (Loyola University, '68)
- 1989: Robert S. Bailey (Purdue University, '52)
- 1984: Rev. J. Raymond Favret (The Catholic University of America, '57)
- 1979: Edward J. Kirchner (The Ohio State University, '35)
- 1977: Charles H. Meyers, Jr. (University of Cincinnati, '39)
- 1975: Ronald F. Becker (Missouri University of Science and Technology, '50)
- 1974: George V. Uihlein, Jr. (WPI, '45)
- 1973: Dr. Earl A. Reynolds (The University of Mississippi)
- 1972: Rev. Vincent A. Lawless (University of New Hampshire, '66)
- 1970: Helen G. Stone1970: William A. Hoffman, Jr. (Lehigh University, '51)
- 1969: Rev. Christian H. Malone (University of Georgia, '65)
- 1969: Frank S. Flick (University of Illinois, '27)
- 1969: Rudolph A. Damico (Case Western, '48)
- 1967: Rev. Edward J. Weisenberg, S.J.
- 1967: Rev. James A. McInerney, O.P. (NIU, '68)
- 1966: Joseph A. Zimmerman (The University of Arizona, '60)
- 1965: Joseph L. Osberger (The Ohio State University, '35)
- 1965: Frank L. Chinery (University of Kansas, '16)
- 1965: William R. Grogan (WPI, '46)
- 1965: Dexter L. George (University of Houston, '56)
- 1964: Jerome S. Koehler (University of Kansas)
- 1963: William C. Zeuger, Jr. (Penn State University, '32)
- 1963: Pierre F. Lavedan (MIT, '20)
Photo: Past D.S.A. recipients; Greg Stein (CCNY, '70) (left), Edward R. Solvibile (Temple University, '63) (middle left), Mark McSweeney (NIU, '88) (middle right) and Stephen J. Hollander (Kansas State, '82) (right).
Mark McSweeney (NIU, '88) accepted the 2015 D.S.A. award on behalf of his father, Michael T. McSweeney (NIU, '61), who passed away earlier in 2015.