Phi Kappa Theta has teamed up with It's On Us to fundamentally shift the way we think about sexual assault.
It's On Us is a rallying cry inviting everyone to step up and realize that the solution begins with us. It’s a declaration that sexual assault is not only a crime committed by a perpetrator against a victim, but a societal problem in which all of us have a role to play. We are reframing sexual assault in a way that inspires everyone to see it as their responsibility to do something, big or small, to prevent it. We are asking everyone to create an environment, be it a dorm room, a party, a club or a sports team, or the greater college campus, where sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Raising awareness. Holding ourselves and each other accountable. Looking out for someone who cannot consent.
IT’S ON US. All of us.
- About: Changing the culture around campus sexual assault.
- Impressum: #ItsOnUs to stop campus sexual assault.
- Company Overview: It's On Us is a cultural movement aimed at fundamentally shifting the way we think about sexual assault.
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men are sexually assaulted in college
- 40% of survivors fear reprisal by their attacker
- Only 2% of incapacitated rape survivors report assault
- Only 13% of rape survivors report assault
- 8 in 10 victims knew their attacker (friend, significant other, etc.)
- It is estimated that between 2%-7% of sexual assault reports are false (SOURCE: notalone.gov)
We are asking everyone to commit to create an environment—be it a dorm, a fraternity or sorority, a club or a bar, a locker room or an entire college campus—where sexual assault is unacceptable. Raising awareness. Holding ourselves and each other accountable. Looking out for those who cannot consent. IT’S ON US. ALL OF US.
Discover how your chapter can be a safe environment: Download the It's On Us Toolkit
This pledge is a personal commitment to help keep women and men safe from sexual assault.It is a promise not to be a bystander to the problem, but to be a part of the solution.