The Temple of Phi Kappa Theta is the Fraternity’s official publication. The Temple has been published continually since it began in 1914 as the "Yippy Yappa of Phi Kappa” under the editorship of the late Edward H. Morrissey (Illinois, '15). In 1915 the name was changed to The Temple.
The Temple is printed and presented electronically twice a year to serve as the principal link between each member and the Fraternity. The magazine showcases members who continue to passionately serve the Mission. In addition, The Temple provides the reader with the most relevant information related to Phi Kappa Theta’s continued journey of establishing itself as a human development organization.
Submission deadlines are March 1 and September 1 of each year. Brothers and friends are encouraged to provide clippings, releases or notices about themselves or any aspect of Phi Kappa Theta for consideration. All submissions become property of Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity. Pictures cannot be returned. Letters to the Editor will be printed at the discretion of the editor.
Cover: Men of Achievement
- Hofstra Spiritual Retreat
- Learning Life Lessons
- Moving Forward
- Welcome To The Academy
- The Looming Tower
- Fraternity From Outer Space
- Nebraska Pi Turns Pie
- Chapter Reports
- Brother Needs Kidney
- Megan’s Law
- Sharing The Journey
- Chapter Eternal
The Temple Staff:
- Managing Editor: Keith Harshbarger (IUPUI, ’06)
- Copy Editor: Gregory E. Stein (CCNY, ’70)
- Contributing Writers:
- Ben DeLost, CFRE (Eastern Illinois University, ‘10)
- Adrian Gonzalez (University of Texas at Austin, ‘78)
- Johnny Hohenstein (Belmont Abbey College, ‘12)
- Kathy Jonas (Indiana University, ‘78)
- Jeff Jowdy (University of Georgia, ‘83)
- Stephen S. Lee (Lewis University, ‘10)
- Andrew J. McGowan (CCNY, ‘62)
- Matthew R. Miller (University of Nebraska, ‘12)
- Gene C. Ney (Slippery Rock University, ‘90)
- Bill T. Ryan (Indiana University, ‘69)
- Gregory E. Stein (CCNY, ‘70)
Visit our Issuu page for past issues of The Temple. Or view past issues below.